We do not tolerate discrimination, abusive language, violent behaviour or harrassment.
General Rules & Regulations
- Body Action Gym reserves the right to amend the rules and regulations from time to time and members, guests and/or occupants of the club should always familiarise themselves with the rules and regulations currently in force which may be found on Gym’s webpage www.bodyactiongym.co.za
- The rules and regulations are there to ensure our members get the service and experience they expect when joining our club. For this reason, we ask all members to just to always respect and consider other members and the facility.
- All members must ensure to complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ) before using the Gym facilities. PARQ can be completed with one of our induction coaches as well as free bioassessment – it is your responsibility to consult your doctor should you suffer from any medical condition, should you require any assistance or advise, please don’t hesitate to book an appointment with our induction coaches.
- We recommend that all members consult with their healthcare provider before starting a new fitness program.
- It is recommended to warm up before exercise and cool down and stretch after any routine or workout.
- Should your status of your health change (acute pain, dizziness, sudden headache, or chest pain) it is your responsibility to immediately consult with your doctor.
- Our operating hours are:
- Monday to – Thursday: 05h00 to 21h30.
- Friday: 05h00 to 21h00.
- Saturday / Sunday: 06h00 to 20h00.
- Public Holidays: 06h00 to 20h00.
- Pets (other than guide dogs) are not permitted.
- Firearms or any other weapons are not permitted on the premises.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted anywhere on the Gym’s premises.
- The taking of any photographs or videos are not permitted.
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed on the Gym’s premises.
- You may not sell and/or market any product or service to other members while in our gyms.
- The use of Body Action Gym’s logo for promotional, marketing or advertising means is prohibited.
- The Gym has the right to photograph and/or video tape any Member via CCTV electronic operating devices for any security purposes in public areas.
- All members will be issued an access band and a photo will be taken to allow access.
- Only the member can use their access tag and the tag cannot be given to someone else to access the club.
- You are required to always use your access tag to enter the Gym.
- Off peak student members can only access the club on Monday – Friday before 15:30.
- Report lost or stolen access bands to avoid fraudulent use. If a new access band is required, it will be charged for @R200 per band
- The gym reserves the right to block any membership should your membership not be in good standing order.
Children’s Access Restrictions
- No children under the age of 12 (twelve) years will be allowed to access the Gym floor, kids under the age of 12 (twelve) will only be allowed in the iPlay facility.
- It will be the parents’ responsibility to sign their kids in and out with the iPlay attendants.
- Members may not leave the premises while their kids are still in the iPlay.
- Children between the ages of 12 (twelve) years to 18 (eighteen) years must have a scholar membership to access the facility.
- We advise all parents to be cautious to allow teenagers to use the free weights area as it could damage their growth points.
- Children between the ages of 12 (twelve) & 13 (thirteen) years training on the Gym floor needs to be always supervised by the main member/supervisor and will be charged the standard applicable membership fees, the memberships for the following age groups can only be dependants of the main member/supervisor membership and cannot be on a standalone membership.
- Minors between the ages of 12 (twelve) & 13 (thirteen) years that does not want to use the Gym floor must be in iPlay and won’t be charged a membership fee.
- No children can play or run in or around the Gym facility or to play on or with the equipment.
- The iPlay is only there for members with children that are having a workout. Members may not leave their children in the iPlay and exit the facility.
- We understand the importance of children’s safety and will do everything possible to look after your child but unfortunately cannot be held responsible for any accidents that could happen.
- Operating hours for the iPlay will be:
- Monday – Friday: 06:00 – 19:30
- Saturday & Sundays: 07:00 – 14:30
- Public holidays: 07:00 – 14:30
- All Guests to sign the Guest Register/indemnity before accessing the Gym facilities.
- A member can only bring the same guest 2x a year.
- All guests to be always accompanied by the Gym member and or Sales Consultant.
- All guests must be over the age of 18 (eighteen) years.
- Guests has to sign the Guest register before accessing the club.
- All guests to always adhere to the Gym’s Rules during visits.
Group Training Classes
- The group training schedule will be available on our website with the allocated time slots per class.
- All classes need to be booked online through the MY Wellness platform.
- Classes can only be booked 7 days in advance.
- Each group class has a maximum amount of people that can attend each class.
- Slots in each of the classes will be on a first come first serve basis.
- Please cancel all booking should you not be able to attend. Should you have 3 unattended classes without the gym reserves the right to block you from any further bookings.
- Group training areas can be used outside of the class timetable without the use of the Soundsystem.
- Suitable and appropriate exercise clothing must be always worn while exercising in the Gym.
- Please always use a sweat towel and use the disinfectant spray and paper towels available to wipe equipment after use.
- Bathroom hygiene and Etiquette - All members will cover their private parts when using the bathroom, e.g., whilst standing in front of mirrors or whilst applying body lotion.
- T-shirts/vests and closed footwear/sports shoes must be always worn.
- Equipment sanitisers are located in our hygiene stations throughout the facility - All members will frequently sanitise their hands and gym equipment.
- Deodorant is provided in our hygiene stations throughout the facility - All members will and make use of the deodorant provided to combat body odour.
Behaviour in the Gym
- Access is prohibited whilst under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or performance-enhancing drugs.
- No foul, loud, or abusive language, will be tolerated.
- You may not physically and or sexually and or verbally abuse or harass other members, guests, visitors, tenants, or members of staff.
- You may not commit any unhygienic or immoral act or acts which may cause offence, distaste, revulsion or abhorrence to other members, guests, visitors, tenants, or members of staff.
- You will be liable for any damage caused by you and/or your guests while on the Gym’s premises.
- Only one individual in a shower cubicle at any time.
- If unsure of the functionality of any equipment, the onus is upon the member to request assistance from a qualified staff member and or refrain from using such equipment.
- Parking is only for members and guests while using the Gym facilities.
- Access will be given to members by numberplate recognition so please ensure you update your vehicle registration number should this change.
- Do not park in the disabled parking if you are not entitled to do so.
- We do not accept responsibility for any loss, theft and/ or damage to vehicles and/or valuables left in vehicles or any other mode of.
Use of Lockers and Personal Belongings
- Subject to availability, changeroom and valuable lockers are provided in the changerooms to store your gear while you train. Your access band will lock and unlock the lockers (one for your valuables locker and or one for your locker in the changerooms).
- We do not undertake that the use of a locker or valuables locker will guarantee that theft of or damage to your property will not occur.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended or unlocked.
- Management reserves the right to open a locker, when there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that the search will turn up evidence that has violated or is violating either the law or the rules of the Gym.
- Any belongings left in a locker overnight, will be removed and will be available as lost property at the Gym.
- Lost property not collected within 14 (fourteen) days will be donated to a charity of the Gym’s choice if they are not collected.
- Ensure that your personal insurance policy covers you for loss of personal effects.
- We do not accept responsibility for any loss or theft of money or loss or damage to personal property of members or their guests whether locked in a locker or otherwise.
Use of Equipment / Facilities
- Equipment and facilities are not to be abused, destroyed, defaced, and / or stolen.
- Please inspect equipment before use and do not use the equipment if it appears damaged.
- Please report damaged equipment immediately to a staff member.
- Never load the equipment with any additional weights other than as pre stacked by the manufacturer.
- When using any automated equipment, make sure the equipment has come to a complete stop before stepping onto or getting off it.
- Handle weights and equipment with care and replace after use.
- If you are unsure of how to use the equipment, ask a fitness qualified staff member to assist you.
- While training on the circuit please use the equipment in numerical order and move according to the timer.
- Please observe the time limits if specified on equipment.
- No food, drinks or bags are allowed on the training floor, except for plastic water bottles, sports drinks, and shakes.
- Class timetables and instructors may change from time to time without notice. Please check the Gym’s notice boards for all the latest details.
- All classes have a maximum head count, and we cannot accommodate more members.
- Members need to book on the My Wellness for all classes for attendance of all classes.
- Classes will be available 7 days in advance and will work on a 1st come first serve basis.
- Should you not be able to attend a booked slot it is the members responsibility to cancel their booking on the system. Members that has not attended or and cancelled 3 booked classes in a 12 month cycle will be blocked from booking classes again.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the class as you may not be allowed to join the class if late.
- Ensure that you have warmed up.
- It is your responsibility to inform your instructor of any injuries, illness, or pregnancy before commencing such activities.
- For your own protection, wear protective gear, hand wraps and gloves when participating in contact sports.
- The boxing can be booked for 30min at a time on the My Wellness platform, the same as all the other classes.
- The boxing ring cannot be booked for more than 1 hour, 2 x 30-minute sessions by the same members/personal trainers.
- The boxing ring is there for sparing and fitness training and cannot be used for fighting or aggressive behaviour.
- Please use the outdoor areas with basic caution and consideration to other members.
- No leaning over the sides of the building.
- No members will be allowed outside when it is raining or when there is any lightning and an indication of thunderstorms.
- No “sprint spikes” will be allowed on the sprint track.
- A basketball will be available at reception with a R100 refundable deposit when retuning the ball.
- Only authorised Body Action Gym Personal Trainers are permitted to provide personal training in our Gym.
- Authorised Personal Trainers information is available on our Gym website and or notice board.
- Personal training by another members is not allowed whether it is for payment or not.
- Should we find someone providing unauthorised personal training, the Gym’s General Manager will conduct a full inquiry which could result in you and the trainer being expelled or suspended.
- Personal Trainers are not employees of the Gym but independent contractors to the Gym.
- The Gym has no control over Personal Trainers who terminate their affiliation with the Gym. If a Personal Trainer is no longer affiliated with the Gym for whatever reason, the Gym will endeavour to assist the member by re-allocating same to an alternative Personal Trainer at the Gym’s sole discretion.
- This is a platform to record and advise members of better ways to train and because of it being a online platform the gym cannot be held responsible for any injuries.
- As a 3rd party vendor, we have taken the time to source the best product available in the market, but should this system go down for any reason the gym cannot take responsibility.
- MyWellness is a benefit given to members for as long as they are members, and their membership is in good standing order.
Changeroom, Sauna & Steam Room
- If you are over the age of 65, pregnant or suffer from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure or any other serious medical condition you are advised not to use the sauna/steam room.
- Shower before entering the sauna/steam room.
- Sit on a towel when using the sauna/steam room.
- Observe a reasonable time limit. Do not use the facilities for longer that 15 (fifteen) minutes per session.
- Never use oils, creams, or cosmetic products in the sauna/steam room.
- Never shave or exfoliate in the sauna/steam room.
- While using the changeroom, sauna and or steam room, please keep yourself covered by wearing a costume or cover your body with a towel.
- Do not bring any electronic equipment into the sauna/steam room.
- Please be considerate and keep the benches clear for other Members requiring access to bench space in the changerooms.
- Do not tamper with fire doors or any safety devices.
- Please follow the health and safety notices displayed throughout the Gym.
- During an emergency, always follow the staff’s instructions.
- Do not run in the Gym, except in dedicated areas.
- Be aware of the different floor surfaces that you move across as you walk through the Gym.
- Ongoing cleaning and maintenance will take place, related tools and equipment may be hazardous, and some floor surfaces may be wet and therefore slippery. Proceed with caution in these areas.
- Please report all injuries/incidents and/or any hazards to a staff member.
- Memberships annual increase shall take effect on each 1 June by a 10% increase or alignment with the current membership fee.
- When expiry date of membership is reached, membership will be continued on a month-to-month basis until a Calendar month written confirmation is received in writing of cancellation of membership.
- Sufficient cause for cancellation of the agreement shall be in the Gym's sole and exclusive discretion.
- We reserve absolute discretion when approving membership applications and reserve the right of entry onto the Gym’s premises.
- Upon damage being inflicted by the member to any such gym equipment, furniture, facilities and / or fittings, the Gym shall provide the Member with the replacement or repair costs quote to replace or repair.
- Complaints should be made to the Gym via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please take note that the gym might be a little disruptive when the members decide to jam to your favourite DJ spinning the decks.
- Wi-Fi will be available to all members and the password may change from time to time and the new password will be available at reception.
- We ask all members to comply with Covid–19 regulations as prescribed by government for as long as we are in the pandemic. Should you be uncertain of any of the regulations you can inquire at reception for assistance.
Non-Payment of the Membership
- Non-payment of monthly membership fee will cause your access to the Gym to be suspended, until such time when your membership is paid up to date via cash deposit or EFT into the Body Action Gym’s Account and the member has provided sufficient proof of such payment/s to the Gym.
- Unpaid debit order will be re-debited should your debit order not go through.
- Should a member have 3 unpaid debit orders in a 12 month cycle the gym has the right to terminate the membership.
- Should a member breach any terms of their agreement they will be liable for the remaining term of the agreement and all legal fees incurred by the gym.
Transferring of your Membership
- The Gym does not allow memberships to be transferred; if you wish to cancel, an early cancelation fee will be applicable.
Early Cancellation and Penalty Fee
- On early cancelation a Penalty Fee of 60% may be charged on the remainder of your membership duration as per the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- The Early Cancelation Fee Proof of Payment must be sent to email@example.com
- A Calendar Month Notice will be required upon an Early Cancelation.
- Early cancellation will only be given to memberships that is up to date and not in arears.
Waiver and Release
- Body Action Gym will not be liable for death, injury, loss or damage suffered by me through or contributing to by any cause whatsoever including but not limited to, any negligent (including gross negligent) act and/or omission or breach of contract on the part of the Gym, its directors, employees, contractors, independent consultants or other members(s).
- The Gym premises will invariably be entered and exited (inclusive of the parking areas) entirely at my own risk and that the Gym equipment and facilities will, furthermore, be utilized on this very same basis.
- The Gym would not be vicariously liable for any loss or damage suffered by me and/or other member(s) because of theft on the part of its employees, independent contractors, consultants, or other member(s).
- In the process of becoming a member of Body Action Gym, I and/or my estate, furthermore, indemnified the Gym against any claim by any person arising directly or indirectly from my death, injury, loss or damage suffered by a member, allegedly caused or contributed to any act or omission by the Gym, its directors, employees, contractors, consultants and agents.
Should you wish to give us feedback for whatever reason you can do so by:
- Phone: 0861 232 496
- WhatsApp: 072 493 8785
- Logging onto our website on: www.bodyactiongym.co.za
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BodyActionGym/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bodyactiongymsa/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BodyActionGym
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@bodyactiongym