How To Make Minestrone Soup
Nothing beats a tasty soup in the middle of winter! We have the perfect soup to fill you and your family. This delicious minestrone soup is perfect for the cold and is low-carb! The ingredients in this recipe are enough to serve 8 people – feel free to add or take out ingredients where necessary.
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 celery stalk cut up
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¾ tsp thyme
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Vegetable broth
- ¼ cup red kidney beans
- ¼ cup butter beans
- Water – enough to cover veg.
- ¼ cup Shell pasta
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Saute your onions, garlic, carrots and celery in the pot until they are nice and soft.
- Throw in the basil, oregano and thyme – cook for about a minute.
- Add your diced tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, kidney beans and butter beans. Add enough water to cover veggies.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Make sure to add in the pasta shells and cook for 10 minutes. You can add water according to consistency you enjoy.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and add salt & pepper.
Enjoy your soup with some health bread – Low GI is a goodie!
See more of our recipes here!