Chocolate Filled Pancakes
We proudly bring you Chocolate Filled Pancakes. There is nothing quite like the tastiness of chocolate, right? So, we have combined chocolate, health and pancakes! This recipe makes 2 servings of chocolate pancakes – so in order to make more, double up on ingredients!
Ingredients for Chocolate Filled Pancakes:
- 50 g whole grain rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Scoop 2 helpings of chocolate protein powder
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 beaten eggs
- 60 ml low fat milk
- Maple syrup/ honey
- Blend your oats, chia seeds, cacao powder, baking powder and protein powder until it is as fine as flour. Keep it aside for now – we’ll use it in a few steps.
- Grab a medium sized bowl. Make sure your banana is mashed before you throw it into the bowl. Beat your eggs and add your eggs to the bowl. Stir milk into the bowl, too. Stir the mixture until it is all well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients that you put aside in the first step. Mix until combined. (Don’t overdo it, though). If it starts to look too thick, add 1 tbsp of water at a time until you get an even consistency. (It should not stick to your spoon and flow smoothly).
- Heat up your non-stick frying pan over medium heat – spray with Spray ‘n Cook or use a little bit of olive oil on the pan.
- Pour a ladle of batter into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes or until batter bubbles. Using a spatula, carefully flip the pancake once it seems ready.
- Repeat this method.
- Add strawberries and syrup/ honey to garnish and for tasting to finish up.
Love this recipe? Check out our other recipes here!